Descaling & Cleaning Your Water Distiller
Descale your water distiller every 2 to 3 months.
- Turn off the main power switch.
- Remove the front panel, 4 screws hold it in place.
- Add boiling hot water to the boiling chamber up to the scaleline. Remove lid from boiling chamber.Remove the 2 - 7/16 inch nuts and washers that hold on the micro-switch plate (clear plastic rectangle with micro-switches on it.) Do not disconnect the wires or switches.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of descaler to the boiling chamber and mix well.Remove the float arm brass end with pliers or socket wrench.
- Let soak from 1/2 hour to overnight,depending on amount of scale present.Remove the 2 nuts and washers that hold on the stainless steel float collar.
- Drain the descaler solution from boiling chamber. If build up is still present, try wiping the soft residue from the sides with a cloth. If scale is still present, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- After draining descaler solution,rinse boiling chamber by pouring 4 litres or more of water into boiling chamber and drain once again, until all descaler residue has been removed.
- Turn on main power, water, and fan switches and ensure water is coming into boiling chamber.
- Replace lid on boiling chamber.
- Your Water Distiller is now ready for operation.
STERILIZATION OF THE COOLING COIL AND HOLDING TANK
Sterilize Your water distiller once or twice a year. The following
procedure uses steam to sterilize critical parts of your distiller,
therefore use caution when handling these pieces, as they become very
- Drain all water from bottom tank and unplug pump (if you have a pump.)
- Remove charcoal filter canister.
- Attach the sterilization drip tube on the end of the cooling coil and let drip into bucket.
- Make sure the boiling chamber is full of water and turn the fan and water switches to the off position. Leave the main power switch on.
- Sterilize the cooling coil by letting the steam from the boiling chamber run through it for approximately 20 minutes.
- Now place the sterilization drip tube into the holding tank for tank sterilization.
- Open the distilled water spigot on the holding tank, place a pail underneath.
- Let the water distiller sterilize for approximately 1 hour.
- Detach the sterilization drip tube and replace the charcoal filter canister.
- Close the distilled water spigot and turn all switches on.
CHANGING THE STAINLESS STEEL CHARCOAL FILTER
Change your charcoal filter every 3 months.
- Remove the stainless steel charcoal filter canister from the water distiller.
- Remove the top and screen and empty the old charcoal into the garbage.
- Rinse the canister thoroughly.
- Fill the canister 2/3 full of new activated coconut charcoal.
- Replace screen and lid.
- Rinse away any charcoal dust by running boiling hot distilled water through the canister 2 to 3 times until the water runs clear.
- Replace canister on the water distiller.